Commitment to Data Security
1-703-373-3171 or email@example.com.
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation and the applicable national law.
We may update this notice from time to time. We ask you to check this notice regularly to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and use our Services. The personal data we process includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, geographic location, and other demographic information
- Billing information
- Media files or documents
- Correspondence between you and Soft Scribe
- Information you choose to share with us
- Referral information
- Information shared while participating in surveys or any Soft Scribe-organized events, such as webinars and workshops
- Testimonials which may contain your personal data shared with your consent, such as name or photograph
How is this information used
We do not sell, rent, or share your personal data obtained through various channels with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes.
When you upload an audio or video file on our website for a quote of our Services, the information you provide is kept confidential and used only to complete that assignment. This information is not shared with anyone outside the company and is limited to its employees or contractors responsible for the completion of assigned tasks.
We do not ask visitors to register on our website, and hence do not collect any private or confidential data at that time. If you contact us via email, we do not share your e-mail address with a third party.
Audio or video files containing confidential data such as legal proceedings, private conversations, medical data or any sensitive information shared for purposes of a specific assignment are never shared with outside parties not responsible for completion of assigned task, or with any third party. All files are transcribed and proofread for accuracy by employees of Soft Scribe or its independent contractors who have signed a legal non-disclosure agreement.
Finally, we never use or share any personally identifiable information provided to us online without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Your personal data may be shared in the following cases or if explicit consent has been provided:
- To personalize (i) our communication with you; (ii) our Services
- To comply with applicable law and regulation
- To comply with governance and quality standards
- If contacted via telephone, you will be notified if calls are recorded for quality, training, and security purposes
- We may communicate with any person you have referred to us with explicit consent
- We may use your information to invite you to participate in market research or surveys
- If you provide a credit or debit card, we may use third parties payment systems to check the validity of the sort code, account number, and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties
- With your express consent, to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you and/or to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our website, or its services
- Enhance your customer experience
We may share your personal data with third parties as indicated:
- Professional advisors such as auditors, legal and financial advisors
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law, or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws
Soft Scribe has no control over the information collected about you by any third parties after you have left our site. We are not responsible and assume no liabilities, for the privacy policies of any third party sites.
If our business or any part of it is sold or merged with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Who else can access your personal data
- Invoicing and Order Information: All Services-related information used to generate invoices is stored on third-party accounting software and shared with contractors providing tax and legal services
- All project-specific information is shared with employees or contractors assigned to the project. All data is stored in-house on internal servers.
- Third party processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your personal data
- We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials only if we are legally obligated to do so
- Your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How is your data secured
- Encryption: Secure protocols are used for communication and transferring data, such as encrypting data in transit e.g. HTTPS and encrypting data when it is at rest/stored e.g. AES256
- Data Server: Transcripts and transcript recordings are retained on our in-house servers, and all the data in transit and rest is encrypted
- Deletion: All recordings and transcripts are deleted after 90 days unless a different arrangement is in place
- Firewalls: Next-generation firewalls(NGFWs) are used to secure our network
- Patch Management: Software is licensed and supported, and obsolete software and programs removed. Security patches are applied within 14 days of an update being released.
- User Access Control: User access to data is limited and is granted on a “need-to-know” basis. Users can only see specific data that they have been granted access to in order to perform their specific role in providing our service (e.g. accounting will have access to client invoicing information, but not client recordings)
Despite the use of best practices, if a data breach occurs, all associated parties whose data is affected will be notified.
If you have an account with us, note that it is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure.
We do not intend to collect, or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our Services.