The Client is a U.S.-based forum where global thought leaders, philanthropists, scholars and concerned citizens congregate to discuss, collaborate and provoke action on issues pertinent to the collective good of society. The forum deliberates on multifarious topics including (but not limited to) environment & energy conservation, education & awareness, science & technology, justice & civic identity, philanthropy & social cause and many others. The mission, conceived in 1940 by leaders from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, has gained the reputation of convening thought-provoking, action-oriented campaigns that go beyond the conference room.
The Client conducts conventions/festivals that are divided into sessions, held at different locations. Each session is a congregation of eminent speakers belonging to the relevant disciplines. The Client’s requirement was to obtain quality transcripts of the events after the culmination of the event.
The task came with challenges such as:
- We had to cover the sessions live. To capture the talks verbatim, we had to audio record the sessions. Then, client-ready transcripts (proofread and edited) were to be prepared within the client’s prescribed turnaround time (TAT). The TAT varied from 8 hrs to 3-5 days.
- The sessions were conducted simultaneously at geographically-separated locations. Hence, dedicated teams comprising of transcribers and editors were to be delegated for each session. There was to be perfect coordination between the team members.
- The industry segment and accent of speakers at the sessions were varied. Precise skill mapping of transcribers to the talk agenda was needed for each event.
- Since the transcripts were to be directly published on the forum’s website, quality and timeliness were the Client’s prime requirements.
- We assigned dedicated teams to cover each event. A central scheduling team monitored and streamlined teams working on separate events. It maintained the production schedule, assigned the audios and ensured that the TAT was met without compromising on quality.
- Our in-house experienced transcribers and subject matter experts, proficient in industry segments, were able to transcribe the sessions with the accuracy of nearly 98%, much to the client’s satisfaction. Knowledge sharing of resources between teams was key to uninterrupted functioning.
- A central Quality Assurance/Quality Control Team conducted a final review of all prepared transcripts to generate publish-ready quality.
- Soft Scribe’s efficient business solution helped the Client in publishing top-notch quality transcripts within 24 hours of the event culmination.
- The business model utilised by our transcription team for the overseas Client was extremely cost-effective since we utilised the time difference between US and India and completed processing the transcripts the same day as they are allocated to us. This enabled the client to avoid paying any additional overtime.
- The client has been outsourcing its transcription work to Soft Scribe for over 7 years now and has concrete plans in the pipeline for extending collaboration.